Dear user! Thank you for downloading the e-TOLL PL TICKET application. Please read the regulations before using the application. They explain the method and principles of operation of the application and contain important information regarding the processing of data and security by the Application.
The application allows you to pay the toll in accordance with the requirements set out in the Act of March 21, 1985 on toll motorways and the National Road Fund (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2021, item 1376, as amended), pursuant to which, as of December 1, 2021, the manual toll collection system for the use of sections of A2 and A4 state toll motorways was replaced by the e-TOLL electronic toll collection system. Under the Act, a driver entering a toll motorway section will no longer collect a ticket on entry and pay for it on exit. Instead, a driver is required to pay the toll electronically.
The e-TOLL PL TICKET application enables using the data you provide regarding journeys on sections of A2 and A4 state toll motorways to fulfil the obligations set out in the Act. The data is stored in encrypted form on your mobile device.
One of the forms of paying the toll for the sections of the A2 and A4 state toll motorways is an e-ticket service, available in the e-TOLL PL TICKET application. The service is based on the payment of the toll before entering a motorway. An alternative form of paying the toll is using the e-TOLL PL mobile application (more information at https://www.etoll.gov.pl/en/heavy-vehicles/e-toll-system/devices/e-toll-pl-app/about-e-toll-pl-app/).
To use the e-TOLL PL TICKET application to pay the toll, it is necessary to accept the regulations. The application is free. The application and related e-ticket purchase service are provided by the Head of the National Revenue Administration.
§ 1. Application
- The Provider of the Application (hereinafter the "Provider") is the Head of the National Revenue Administration, based in Warsaw (00-916) at Świętokrzyska 12.
- The "Application" is the Provider's software called "e-TOLL PL TICKET", used to purchase an e-ticket, intended to be installed on the User's mobile device, the use of which takes place under the conditions specified in these Regulations.
- The application is intended for drivers of motorcycles, motor vehicles and vehicle combinations with a maximum permissible weight not exceeding 3.5 tons, using toll motorways managed by the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways.
- The Regulations apply to Drivers traveling on toll motorways managed by the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways:
- A2 motorway on the section Konin - Stryków (99 km),
- A4 motorway on the Bielany Wrocławskie - Sośnica section (162.4 km), including the free section of the Gliwice Ring Road (section Kleszczów - Gliwice Sośnica).
- The Head of the National Revenue Administration is the administrator of the data processed by the application and the co-administrator - the Minister of Finance based in Warsaw (00-916) at Świętokrzyska 12.
- The processing of data in the Application results from the exercise of public authority entrusted to the administrator in connection with the collection of road tolls from users using toll motorways managed by the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways.
- The toll is collected pursuant to the Act of 27 October 1994 on toll motorways and the National Road Fund (i.e., Journal of Laws of 2021, item 1376 as amended - hereinafter: a.p.).
- For mobile devices with the Android system the application can be downloaded from the Google Play store, and for mobile devices with the iOS system - from the App Store.
- Downloading and using the Application is free of charge. A User's use of data transmission services or voice calls in connection with the download or use of the Application may involve fees charged by the telecommunications operator providing the User’s telecommunications services.
§ 2. Definitions
- Motorway - a toll public road or its sections, managed by the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways, on which the drive is carried out and paid for by a User on the terms set out in the Regulations:
- A2 motorway on the section Konin - Stryków (99 km),
- A4 motorway on the Bielany Wrocławskie - Sośnica section (162.4 km), including the free section of the Gliwice Ring Road (section Kleszczów - Gliwice Sośnica),
- e-ticket - a ticket within the meaning of u.a.p. is a confirmation of payment of the toll for using a motorway and entitling to use the motorway.
- u.a.p. - Act of 27 October 1994 on toll motorways and the National Road Fund (i.e., Journal of Laws of 2021, item 1376, as amended).
- Driver / User - a person who carries out a drive on a motorway, who is obliged to pay the toll for using a motorway and who has a statutory obligation to have a valid e-ticket.
- Light vehicles - motorcycles, motor vehicles and vehicle combinations with a permissible total weight not exceeding 3.5 tons.
- Additional fee - a fee charged to the user for failure to pay a toll for using a motorway pursuant to Art. 37ge. of u.a.p.
§ 3. Purchase of an e-ticket
- The e-TOLL PL TICKET application enables the purchase and return of an unused e-ticket.
- To purchase an e-ticket, a User provides the following data in the e-TOLL PL TICKET application:
- vehicle registration number;
- vehicle registration country;
- vehicle category;
- indication of the motorway for which the toll will be collected, i.e., indication of the start and end junction or the entire motorway where the drive will take place;
- date and time of the beginning of the validity period of an e-ticket (i.e., the date and time of the planned start of the drive).
- Each issued e-ticket contains at least:
- data listed in par. 3;
- date and time of the end of the validity period of an e-ticket (validity period is 48 hours from the planned date and time of commencement of travel);
- number of kilometres and toll amount;
- Individual e-ticket number.
- A User is responsible for the correctness of the information provided at the time of purchasing an e-ticket.
- The toll for using a motorway is collected at the time of issuing an e-ticket.
- An e-ticket can be purchased up to 60 days before the planned drive.
- A user may have several e-tickets purchased simultaneously for future drives.
- The price of an e-ticket is calculated on the basis of the length of the motorway section to be driven on by a User. Motorway toll rates are announced by the Minister of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy in the form of an ordinance.
- The confirmation of the purchase of an e-ticket is available as a PDF file.
- A User has the right to return an e-ticket purchased in the application, provided that such a return takes place before the planned date and time of the commencement of the drive.
- A return of an e-ticket can be ordered via the e-TOLL PL TICKET application.
§ 4. Rules for using a e-ticket
- A User is obliged to purchase an e-ticket before starting their drive on a Motorway.
- An e-ticket is valid in the period from the planned date and time of the start of the drive to the planned date and time of the end of the drive determined automatically as 48 hours from the planned start date of the drive). If the drive takes longer, an additional e-ticket must be purchased for each subsequent 48-hour period. The next ticket may cover sections from the beginning of the section on which the vehicle is located to the planned exit from the Motorway.
- An e-ticket covers a single drive on a section of a Motorway.
- An e-ticket expires after 48 hours, upon completion of the declared motorway drive. Each exit from a motorway does not end a drive. If a driver buys an e-ticket for the entire section, and during the drive leaves a motorway at an earlier exit, an e-ticket does not lose its validity. A driver can re-enter the route and continue on the remaining sections with the same e-ticket.
- Driving on a motorway before the scheduled start date and time or after the scheduled end date and time is treated as driving on a motorway without paying the toll.
- Traveling on a motorway section for which an e-ticket has not been purchased is treated as a drive without paying the toll.
- A user should keep the purchased e-ticket for inspection.
- If two or more Tickets are purchased for the same vehicle registration number, the e-ticket with the earliest starting date and time of the validity period and the route of which covers the actual motorway entrance will take precedence in billing.
§ 5. Technical requirements for the e-TOLL PL TICKET application
- The application is intended for mobile devices with the Android operating system, version not lower than 6.0 (recommended the latest available on the market) and iOS version not lower than 14 and access to the App Store.
- Downloading and using the Application requires connection to the Internet.
- For the Application to operate properly, the mobile device on which it is installed:
- must have at least 200 MB of free memory.
- cannot have operating system modifications installed, in particular modifications consisting in breaking the security of the manufacturer of the mobile device or the manufacturer of the operating system (so-called jailbreaking or rooting);
- must enable connection to the Internet.
- The Provider informs that the Application uses:
- Internet networks;
- Mobile device ID and connection information;
- The Provider informs that the installation of the Application updates provided by the Provider may be necessary for its proper operation and proper protection of the data contained therein. The Provider recommends installing such updates immediately after they are made available via Google Play platforms or the App Store for iOS devices, respectively.
- A user should install operating system updates in accordance with the recommendations of the manufacturer of the mobile device and the Android system. Failure to update the operating system or the Application may lead to a reduced security level of using the Application, and even data leakage from the Application.
§ 6. Support for special paid sections
- Some toll sections of motorways are treated in a special way, and, in strictly defined cases, no toll is charged. At the time of drawing up the Regulations, there is a special section which is free of charge - Gliwice Ring Road, covering sections Kleszczów - Gliwice Ostropa, Gliwice Ostropa - Gliwice Bojków, Gliwice Bojków - Gliwice Sośnica on the A4 motorway.
- When a drive takes place only within the areas mentioned in par. There is no toll for 1 section of the Gliwice Ring Road. If you choose a route covering the sections of the Gliwice Ring Road but going away from the sections specified in par. 1, the sections referred to in par. 1 are included in the toll. For example: you cannot buy a ticket for sections, e.g., Gliwice Bojków - Kleszczów (travel on the sections is free), while for the Gliwice Bojków - Łany route, the distance and toll will be counted for the entire route, including sections of the Ring Road.
§ 7. Privacy and security
- The provision of data necessary to purchase an e-ticket in the e-TOLL PL TICKET application takes place voluntarily and as part of the User's obligations related to the payment of a Motorway toll.
- If the obligation to pay a Motorway toll using the Application is fulfilled, the data is collected to calculate the amount of the toll due pursuant to a.p.
- The Provider recommends resetting the data in the system or deleting the Application in the event of termination of the use of a given mobile device by a User, before handing the device over to a third party.
- The data provided via the e-TOLL PL TICKET application is stored in the Provider's system for a period of not less than 12 and not longer than 24 months from the end of the calendar year in which the motorway was driven unless the data is used in a control process.
- The e-TOLL PL TICKET application does not process personal data.
- In the event of a breach of the obligation to pay a Motorway toll, the e-TOLL system will process the data entered by users in the e-TOLL PL TICKET application for control purposes.
- Collecting data on the purchased e-tickets is for technical reasons, is ad hoc and time-limited.
- Apart from the function of generating a confirmation of the purchase of an e-ticket, the Application does not offer the function of exporting or importing data.
- The Provider informs that they take the utmost care to ensure a high level of ICT security of the Application and Users' data. However, the Provider indicates that due to the specificity of IT technologies, the Application's vulnerability to certain threats may be revealed in the future. For this reason, the Provider recommends updating the Application and indicates that it may issue publicly available recommendations regarding the security rules related to the use of the Application.
§ 8. Use of the Application
- Upon installation of the Application, the Provider grants a User a license to use the Application on the terms set out in § 8. The license granted is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and does not entitle the User to grant further licenses (sub-licenses).
- The license is granted for an indefinite period and without territorial restrictions.
- Pursuant to the license granted, a User is entitled to reproduce the Application to the extent necessary to install and use it on the User's mobile devices, if the activities are undertaken for the purpose of using the Application in accordance with the Regulations.
- Subject to § 10 par. 3 and exceptions resulting from mandatory provisions of law, a User is not entitled to reproduce the Application in any other way or to translate, adapt, change the layout, or introduce any other changes to the Application.
§ 9. Technical support and Users' submissions
- Support in the functioning of the Application is provided at the following telephone number +48 22 24 337 77 - toll number dedicated to users from Poland and abroad - call charge according to the operator's price list.
- Any questions, comments or suggestions from Users regarding the Application and its functionality may be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
§ 10. Responsibility
- The Provider informs that a User is fully responsible for the violation of the law or damage caused by the User's actions related to the use of the Application, in particular the authenticity of the data related to the User's drives on Motorways.
- The Provider informs that it is not responsible for:
- damage resulting from a User's failure to update the Application;
- damage resulting from a User's use of the Application in a manner inconsistent with the law or the Regulations;
- the quality and availability of telecommunications services necessary to use the Application, provided by the telecommunications operator whose services are used by a User;
- malfunction of the Application resulting from malfunction of the operating system or mobile device used by a User.
§ 11. Final Provisions
- A User is entitled to terminate the use of the Application at any time by uninstalling it from the mobile device.
- The Regulations may change with subsequent releases of the Application. The change is binding for Users who install this edition of the Application and accept the changed wording of the Regulations.
- The Regulations are available free of charge in the Application, and via the website www.etoll.gov.pl, in PDF format, which allows for downloading, saving, and printing.
- The Regulations are consistent with generally applicable law, in particular with the Act of 27 October 1994 on toll motorways and the National Road Fund (Journal of Laws 2021 item 1005).
 Regulation of the Minister of Transport, Construction and Maritime Economy of 25 April 2012 on the rates of motorway tolls (Journal of Laws of 2012, item 467)