No more barriers on state motorways
29 November 2021
- You will travel along the A2 Konin-Stryków and A4 Wrocław-Sośnica sections without waiting at barriers since December 1.
- We are replacing the Manual Toll Collection System with an electronic system for drivers of all vehicle categories; therefore a new traffic organization will appear at the toll collection points.
- Drivers will pay for drives using the government app or partner distribution networks.
“There is another great change ahead of us, which we announced by implementing the new toll collection system. Using the capabilities of the e-TOLL system, we will remove barriers on state motorways on December 1. Passenger cars and motorbikes will not require stopping along the A2 Konin-Stryków and A4 Wrocław-Sośnica sections. Thanks to this, driving comfort will increase, traffic flow will be smooth”
– informs the head of the National Revenue Administration Magdalena Rzeczkowska.
Only e-TOLL on state motorways
Users of passenger cars and motorcycles will pay for toll sections of the A2 Konin-Stryków and A4 Wrocław-Sośnica motorways only electronically since December 1, and the manual system will no longer be available. Drivers entering the toll section of the motorway will not stop to collect tickets, and when leaving - to pay for the tickets at the collector’s booth. Traffic flow will be smooth, the so-called free flow.
This means that from December 1, the Manual Toll Collection System will be discontinued, and the state sections of the A2 and A4 motorways will be covered only by the e-TOLL system.
Drivers will pay for using motorways with:
- e-tickets which they will be able to purchase in the new e-TOLL PL TICKET application, in the applications of the e-TOLL system partners and in the partners' stationary distribution network;
- the e-TOLL PL application or OBU / ELS on-board devices transmitting geolocation data to the e-TOLL system.
Changes in traffic organization on A2 and A4
Due to the change in the toll collection system, since December 1 this year new traffic organization will apply at Toll Collection Plazas (PPO) on the A2 Konin-Stryków and A4 Wrocław-Sośnica motorways:
- At the Toll Collection Plaza Styków and the Toll Collection Plaza Żdżary drivers will use the three rightmost entry and exit lanes. Middle lanes on the Toll Collection Plazas will be excluded from traffic.
- At the Toll Collection Plaza Żernica and the Toll Collection Plaza Karwiany drivers will use the four rightmost entry and exit lanes. The middle lanes at the Toll Collection Plazas will be excluded from traffic.
On all the motorway sections, it will no longer be possible to collect a cardboard ticket or to pay for the ticket at the at the collector’s booth.
Toll Plazas will be properly marked and will have a speed limit of 50 km / h.
New payment methods
The Ministry of Finance and the National Revenue Administration have prepared a new payment method for users of passenger cars and motorcycles for drives on A2 and A4 state motorways - an e-ticket. It will be available for purchase 60 days in advance. Its validity period is 48 hours from the declared date and time of travel, and the return of an unused e-ticket will be possible in the same way as the e-ticket was purchased. Two forms of e-tickets will be available: electronic and paper. For both forms, it will be required to provide the minimum scope of data for calculating the toll for the motorway (vehicle registration number, date, and time of commencement of the drive and details of the route planned to be traveled).
The new government e-TOLL PL TICKET application will allow you to purchase an e-ticket in a few simple steps and - if necessary - also to return it. The e-TOLL PL TICKET application will be available for free download in Google Play stores and in the AppStore. You can read more about the application at etoll.gov.pl.
What is more, to pay for a drive, drivers will be able to use applications made available by entrepreneurs with whom the Head of the National Revenue Administration concludes partnership agreements. Drivers who use motorways occasionally or who do not use digital solutions will buy a paper ticket in our partners' service networks, including PKN Orlen, Lotos. The current list of points will be available on etoll.gov.pl.
Verification of payment for drives
Control devices installed at motorway entry and exit points and in vehicles used to control toll collection are used to check the correctness of toll payments. For driving on the state sections of A2 and A4 without paying a toll, an additional fee of PLN 500 is imposed on the owner or holder or user of the vehicle with a payment period of 14 days. If the additional fee is paid within 7 days from the delivery of the summons, its amount is reduced to PLN 400. The additional toll will not be charged if the toll is paid by purchasing an e-ticket within 3 days from the end of the drive.
If there is road inspection, a deposit may be charged towards the additional fee, if the driver lives in a country that is not related to Poland by an agreement or agreement on cooperation in the mutual recovery of this fee.
Toll payment control on motorways may be carried out by officers of the Customs and Tax Service, the Police, and inspectors of the Road Transport Inspection. If during the inspection it is found that there is no valid e-ticket or a GPS device transmitting geolocation data to the e-TOLL system (e-TOLL PL application, OBU / ELS application), the vehicle driver will be fined with a fine of PLN 500. The driver's actions aimed at preventing the proper reading of the vehicle's registration plates (covering, decorating, adding additional signs, etc.) are also threatened with a criminal fine.